Perfluorinated substances, e.g. perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) or perfluorooctanesulfonic acid (PFOS), are synthetic compounds widely used as surfactants in many industrial areas
Main PFAs applications include:
- Synthesis of perfluorinated polymers
- Use as additive in the synthesis of non-perfluorinated polymers
- Anti-adherent coating
- Anti-fire products
- Water-repellent treatments of fabrics and food materials.
PFAS DETECTION IN REAL WATER SAMPLES Collaboration with Milan MM Water Service
- Sampling operation of 76 real samples of raw drinking water.
- Samples analysis by LC/MSMS technique at MM laboratory, with direct injection of the sample (LOD 10 ppt)
- Parallel samples analysis, identified as progressive numbers, with SPR-POF-MIP sensors at Moresense (Copernico) R&D laboratory.
- Comparison between the two technologies showed a good correlation for all the tested samples.